Friday, September 9, 2011

TRX Training

I got a couple new toys to play with.  Both for myself, my clients, and my guinea pig hubby, Scott!  The first one I'd like to share with you is the TRX.  I am LOVING the TRX.  Plus it is easily portable, and can be used on a door, sturdy beam, or monkey bars.  Meaning NO EXCUSES when you are traveling, or if the kiddos want to go play at the park!

I am certain the TRX will help me up my game at the Warrior Dash next year.  So far I am only doing basic moves with it: Squats & Lunges (both 1 legged and 2 legs), push ups, rows (my favorite so far), bicep curls, tricep extensions, planks, hip abductors & adductors, and ab work.  I spend what little free time I have watching Youtube videos in pure amazement at what some people are able to do with the TRX.  I'd love to use it to improve my handstand, but I am intimidated by that right now, and need to learn more first before I safely try it.



Here are some pics of Scott demonstrating some basic TRX moves.  Keep in mind this is the first time he has used it.  You really want to keep your core engaged, or in yoga, your uddiyana bandha.  You can do this by drawing your belly button towards your spine.  Try it with an exhale through pursed lips.  Then, keep that muscle engaged while you use the TRX.  This will keep your lower back safe.

1. One leg lunge

2. Lunge back w/o touching your back foot on the ground.

3. Come back up to starting position.
 
1. Rows: Be sure to keep your core engaged here, and work on keeping your shoulders drawn down your back.  Taking these necessary precautions will keep your low back and shoulders safe and healthy!

2. Row

1. Bicep Curl

2. Bring your hands toward your forehead.  Try not to let your lower back arch by using your uddiyana bandha.

3. Hands to forehead.  Try not to bring your head to your hands, but your hands to your forehead.

ENJOY!  If you are interested in trying out the TRX shoot me a message or give me a jingle.  I am happy to let you try it out!  Stay tuned for my next fun toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment