Thursday, July 19, 2012

bikeMS was a SUCCESS!

At lunch Day 2

First of all I'd like to thank each and every one of you that supported (monetarily, physically and spiritually) me on this journey.  I couldn't do it w/o you!  All my coaches at 810 XFit, even though they didn't coach me for 150 mile bike ride, I know the work I put in at XFit helped me endure this one.  My boss at the UMF Rec center, Marilyn.  She had faith in me!  My awesome chiropractor, Dr. Dayne Rogers, who kept me inline-in more ways than one!  My boss at the Yoga Path, Maria, who was rooting for me all along and kept a donation jar in her fabulous studio.  My team, The Puffins.  My roomie, Susanna!  My parents, kids, inlaws, friends, and most importantly my hubsy, Scott-my number one fan.  

We raised a huge amount of awareness and funding for MS research.  I surpassed my goal of $250 by $1.  Again, a huge THANK YOU!  Want to talk inspiration?  Ok, well what keeps me active and motivated?  I have over the years seen my Gma have her hip replaced at least 4 times, in addition to repair surgeries.  I know it is not MS, but seeing my poor Grammie (and she wouldn't call herself poor, she is very humble) struggle to be independent is what gets me moving, and keeps me moving.  I often dedicate my yoga practice or WOD to her.  Ok, how about a bit more inspiration?  There was a 91 yr old man that did this bike ride.  He has done it for 20 yrs!  His adult children did the ride w/ him... and he kept leaving them in his dust!  How stinking cool is that?  Lastly, since I had started this bikeMS journey I crossed paths w/ people affected by MS.  Some had it, some had family that had it, and some had co-workers that had it.  Some you could physically see the how the disease had affected their lives.  Some of them you'd never guess they had MS, but their doctors would tell you otherwise.  I know each and everyone of them are very thankful for all the support you give them, and finding a cure to MS is very important to them.

Alright, one last time... THANK YOU!!!

Ruffin Puffin, Mother Puffin (me), Huffin Puffin, Cussin Puffin, I.B. Puffin.  Not shown: Tuffin Puffin, Pretty Puffin, & Lovin Puffin.


No comments:

Post a Comment