Monday, October 17, 2011

Terriyaki Chicken

I was at the grocery w/ Keem recently, and he was HUNGRY.  He hit up all the sample stands while were there.  One thing he LOVED was Terriyaki Chicken.  It had mushrooms and bell peppers in it.  Keem BEGGED for me to buy it.  Yes, I know I don't really eat meat anymore, but I still need to feed my boys.  And I can do Chicken and vegetables FAR better than a plastic bag in the freezer section.


Chicken breast, gaaaaaahlic, ginger, bell peppers (what ever color), mushrooms, onion, brown sugar, low sodium tamari (soy sauce), tequilla (optional)


 Chop it all up, dump it in.  I used 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1/4-1/2 cup soy sauce, 1 tbsp tequila, tiny piece of ginger, and prob a cup or 2 of water.  I cooked this on medium for about 6 hrs. 




 Dinner for the boys!


This was requested to be eaten w/ spaghetti noodles.  I was working when the boys ate it, and Dad had other plans.  It you like pasta, go for it.  Choose a whole grain high in fiber, or even a past made out of quinoa.  ENJOY!  And yes, they ate leftovers until it was GONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment