Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuna Fish

This morning I had an urge to eat tuna fish.  It has been awhile since I've had any.  It seems when I really crave meat, and eventually give in I regret it.  Not because I feel bad necessarily, but because it doesn't taste as good as I remember.  So today I chose to eat some seaweed instead, nori to be exact.  Let me tell you, it certainly SMASHED the craving... and then I ate a banana to cleanse my palate.
My point of sharing this w/ you is that sometimes our cravings are telling us something.  Next time you REALLY want to eat something sit back, and ask yourself why.  Then, reflect.  Is it really that I am dehydrated?  Am I stressed?  Am I hormonal?  Or am I lacking in a nutrient?  Then, do a quick and easy google search on the nutritional value on your craving.  Is what you are craving really what you need nutritionally?  Are there other options?  Slow down and think for a minute before you are quick to throw something down the hatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment