Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Green Bus at Yoga in the Woods

Last weekend I had the privilege of attending a workshop presented by The Green Bus Project at Yoga in the Woods.  The Green Bus Project is put together by Moses, Zeina, and Bella their pooch.  I attended a yoga practice Friday night, that was refreshing.  It included chanting, togetherness, physical asanas, meditation, gongs and a meditation bell, as well as live music with African Instruments by Jeremy Ardnt.  The physical practice was a challenge for me that day as I had done a run/walk in the morning, and kettlebells at noon, but the challenge was welcomed and embraced.  It was such a treat to share things I am passionate about with such an awesome community of yogis.

Saturday I attended The Yoga of Nutrition.

I was able to learn to make and sample such simple delicious recipes.   We learned to make a POWERFUL smoothie.  All of you that know me well know I am the queen of smoothie making.  Yet, I still learned a lot.  I know how to make a yummy tasting smoothie, but now I also know how to make a healing smoothie with specific benefits.  Next, we learned to make a green drink, and I was introduced to the power of adaptogens and superfoods.  We also learned a yummy way to prepare Kale and make it into chips.  In addition to a yogi tea similar to chai, YUMMY vegan taco meat, and even chocolate dessert in a healthier way.



On Sunday they held a Masterminding and Manifesting workshop that I wasn't able to attend, but I heard was GREAT.  They also had a Women's Circle around a bonfire at Maureen's.  It was described as, "empowering and freeing."

If you ever get the chance to attend a Green Bus Workshop I encourage you to do it!

Also, if you are looking for a studio to practice yoga, check out Yoga in the Woods.  I have always felt at home there, yet like I am on a retreat when I am there.  Maureen Bosker is the owner, and she is my Guru.  I did my RYT 200 Teacher Training Apprenticeship with Maureen.  I've gained a wealth of knowledge, compassion, and purpose from her program.

Until next time, Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to check out your blog. Looks like you are having fun. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete