Friday, August 19, 2011

Yummy Cucumber Salad Recipe

Since I had an ungodly amount of cucumbers I have been making them in as many things I know how.  I came across a yummy Cucumber Salad recipe, and I'd like to share it w/ you.  I made some additions.

2 Whole Cucumbers-rinse, chop, and salt; leave in colander to drain
1 Onion (I used a small red/purple)
1 Bell Pepper (I used Orange)
A bunch of small tomatoes from my Gpa's garden, and I am still unsure whether they are grape or cherry (recipe didn't call for them)
Chopped cilantro to your liking
Lime Juice to your liking (recipe called for juice of 2 limes)
4 Dashes of hot sauce (this should be upped if you ask me)
Agave-just a touch (recipe called for sugar-psssssst, we don't need that!)
Garlic to your liking
Curry Powder 1/2 tsp and that is FAR too little if you ask me!
Avocado-chopped, add last or right before serving

Mix everything, then add in the cucumbers.  Chill.  Add the avocado right before serving.  Enjoy as a salad or as a yummy sammi.  I enjoyed it on an asiago peppercorn toast the first time around, and had it as a wrap the 2nd day.



Hehe, it was soooo good I couldn't wait to finish making the sammi to eat it.  I liked mustard on it very much.  Yellow mustard the first day, and spicy brown the second!


2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmm SO fresh and crunchy! I love every single ingredient in this recipe.YUM YUM!
    thanks for sharing.
    - H

    ReplyDelete