Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Celebrate You & Relax!

As the holidays approach, schedules become overloaded, and my mind feels scattered--I take a moment to consider why. Then, it dawns on me! I haven't been taking enough time for myself. It's important to pamper yourself once in awhile. Taking time to just be and breathe is very beneficial to your health. Relaxing can reduce anxiety & give your body a chance to repair.  Tension can build up over time as a result of always being on the go, or a passion for fitness w/o taking rest. Yes, our strong muscles that help carry us through life need a break now and then too!

My son, Keem, and I really appreciate a good soak in the tub with bath salts that I make. Recently I dubbed them, LOV'EMs, because I bottle them with love and my nickname as well as my initials are EM. Sometimes Keem and I draw a nice foot bath and take time soaking & massaging eachother's feet. This kiddo is spoiled! I've given him the gift of massage since birth. I've also been known to give a surprise foot soak and foot massage to my preggo friends or buddies at yoga retreats. Cleaning, soaking & rubbing someone's feet can be a very humbling experience! Making other's feel good makes me smile. Plus you never know how badly they need to take a moment and slow down. Slowing down on your own can be a hard choice, but I guarantee you if you offer a loved one a foot soak or to draw them a bath it will be harder for them to turn you down!

So in the spirit of Christmas I am offering 2 give-aways at random. Two people will get a bag full of salt! I use essential oils so you will get to choose your scent for aroma therapy! The salt in this pictures is, LOV'EMs Crushed Candycane.  Scent options are: Crushed Candycane (Energizing), Luscious Lavender (Relaxing), Tea Tree, & Koala Cure (Eucalyptus & mint-good for colds). 

All you have to do is:
  • Leave a comment on this blog post stating what you like to do to relax.
  • Follow my blog.  
  • Like me on Facebook. If you have your own Blog, and would like to offer this give-away to your followers please send me a message to let me know.  I am happy to include your followers as well.  All they have to do is follow the three steps above I will also do one random give-away per your blog. 
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

4 comments:

  1. Love the reminder that it's important for all of us to take time for ourselves. The holiday season can quickly become full of tension with the demands if we let it. Thanks for reminding me we don't have to let that happen. I hope you enjoy the holidays and love you! Enjoy your soaks! P.S. I relax by taking time out to read my favorite yoga lover's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I wina foot rub??? ;)
    love the idea of candycane!! they say that mint foot soak/lotions etc are great for the feet after long runs too!!
    Sign me up! +

    How do I relax? I snuggle with Lola with my fuzzy blanket, a nice cup of tea and a book.(winter)
    Or go the beach (summer)and just be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you can win a foot rub, if I can stay for a visit and enjoy the beach with you!!!! You have great ways to relax XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, MJ! Hope to see you all soon enough. If not we will be shipping your Xmas gifts. I am so excited for Dad to open his. XOXO

    ReplyDelete