Sunday, December 11, 2011

Vegetarian Sausage w/ Kale & Lentils

Lentils & Sausage w/ gaaaarlic, onions, & bell pepers

Added Kale to both, just to see the difference in the Kale pan fried or simmered in water.  I couldn't really tell because they had all the other items mixed in.

Simmering Kale!

Lentils & Kale

Lentils & Kale Prettied up

Lentils & Kale layered w/ Kale & Bell Peppers, Onion, Garlic, & Vegetarian Sausage.  YUM!
RECIPE:
Prep-Wash Kale & rip into pieces appropriate size for bites.  Remember it will shrink a bit.  Chop Onions, Garlic, Bell Peppers, & Vegetarian Sausage.  Rinse lentils.
Cook Lentils according to directions.  Nothing fancy.  I believe I used my Joy of Cooking book for that info.
Saute- in a bit of olive oil garlic.  Once browned add onions.  Then add sausage.  Once browned add Bell Peppers.  Once crisp add the Kale.  Stir and saute/simmer to your preferred done-ness.
Drain-lentils & place them in the bottom layer of a nice dish.
Dump the veggies & vegetarian sausage on top.  EAT or put in the fridge for later consumption and ease of meals throughout your week!

I really liked this dish.  I made it up ;-)  The vegetarian sausage was good and flavorable, but it was a bit weird for me to eat as it really seemed like meat.  I do eat fake meats from time to time, but personally I don't eat them 24/7.  That is a personal choice, and up to your discretion.

*Some of the pics may seem a little washed out w/ white.  That is the steam coming of the food.  These are ACTION shots people!  I am not a food photographer, so these pics are absolutely NOT staged or prettied up other than their natural state from my unprofessional cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment