Friday, May 25, 2012

Open Face Beet & Swiss Chard

Did you know that beets BEAT disease?  Well you do now!  This recipe I threw together was inspired by Jillian Michael's cookbook, "Master Your Metabolism".  In her book she uses some different ingredients.  She nix's the bread, beets, edamame & hummus then uses the other ingredients adds some other items & stuffs it all in potstickers.  Don't get me wrong I love potstickers too, but you can get creative & experiment w/ other renditions.  I also like the ingredients w/o starchy carbs as a straight up salad.  Mmmmmmmmm, YUM!  Try it.  You may like it, Sam I am!
 
Zingerman's farm bread, hummus,swiss chard,
beets,edamame, red peppers, green onions,cilantro,
ginger,tamari, olive oil w/ fresh cracked pepper
and a light sprinkle of sea salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment