Saturday, May 26, 2012

Smoothie for a Picky Kiddo

Is your kiddo PICKY?  Would s/he prefer a smoothie w/ a ton of Daddy's HERSHEYS syrup?  If this is you, then you have come to the right place.  My son often likes to make his own smoothies w/ nothing but JUNK in them.  I am digging his 8 yr old independence, but I'd really dig him making good choices.  I was lucky enough to be asked to make him a smoothie for breakfast the other morning.  I made his request of Chocolate, Banana, Strawberry--but I did so in a mama fashion!  Needless to say he threw back almost the entire smoothie, and then asked if it was cocoa instead of hersheys.  Yes, he noticed, but he also LOVED it!  And if I had it I would have throw a handful of fresh spinach in there too!

I used:
1/2 a frozen banana
apprx 1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup milk (he likes cows milk, I don't but I don't argue)
1 large spoonful of low sodium low fat cottage cheese (we were out of yogurt)
a spoonful of organic pure cocoa powder
a tsp of organic agave

No comments:

Post a Comment