Friday, August 24, 2012

Healing

Nate, Me, Phil-one of my most fav wedding pics 
I must admit it has been an emotionally intense week/s, and none of the things that happened happened directly to me.  I see a lot of pain and suffering around me.  From my brother, to my Gpa, my Grammie, to my hubby's friend's wife, my hubby's friend, my boss' parents, to my chiropractor's father, and one of my highschool friends.  Some of the pain is from growing older, some of it is from bringing new life into this world, some of it is from not taking safety precautions (helmets are so important), some is car accidents, some is pain inflicted from others, and some is total freak accident, or shock.  My heart goes out to all of these loved ones, and the people that surround them.  

May we be at peace.  May we be healed.

It has been hard to find the energetic desire to type a blog this week.  My little brother, Phil, was attacked this past Sunday while walking home from the bar.  I am so proud of him for choosing to be safe and not driving, but I am aching for him that he had to endure such an awful experience.  His cheek bone & nose were broke in the process and his shoulder was dislocated.  He lost his cell phone in the shuffle, and it took him a few hours to make it home--in a small town of Nebraska, as he was trying to run and hide from his attackers.  It has been tough to reach out to my bro given the 16 hrs of time between us, and that I can't pick up the phone and call.  I praise God that he is w/ my Dad, Stepmom, and stepsiblings that are surrounding him w/ love and support.

May we be a source of healing for others.

I work hard to remain positive in all aspects of my life.  It is hard to do.  There is always a positive in each situation.  I am certain it is hard to see when it is your situation.  My brother, or any of my friends above may find it hard, but when you look closely, remain present there is a positive lesson to be learned.  With that positivity I work hard not to hold negativity towards others.  Forgive and let go.  The people that attacked my brother must be suffering.  Perhaps w/ something they haven't even confronted or realized yet.  How awful a life must be to find joy in inflicting pain in others.  For his attackers I send love & prayer that they will come into the Light.

May our hearts remain open.  May we be awakened to the light of our own true nature.

When bad things happen in life it is important to step back, breathe, reflect, remain present, and connect spiritually w/ your higher power.  I am a Christian, and so that relationship for me is w/ God.  My Holy Spirit that lives w/in my heart.  You don't have to be Christian to have a spiritual connection.  It is important to have faith & trust in something bigger than you.  Letting go of your worries, and handing them over to your higher power.  As I type this paragraph I know LOTS of people will feel strongly about what I just stated.  This is what I believe.  I am not here to debate.  I am promoting a positive spiritual relationship, connection.  In my humble opinion everyone needs this for their own mental health & well being, even my brother's attackers.

May we be at one w/ the breath of the Divine.

In times of trouble, or in times of happiness and laughter, or just to give thanks, I find comfort in this prayer that I learned on a Yoga in the Woods retreat from Moses Love & Zeina.  I often use is when I need guidance, or before a meal.  Sometimes even just to take a moment of quiet w/ my son.  He knows the prayer too.  May it be a source of comfort for you.

May we be at peace.
May our hearts remain open.
May we be awakened to the light of our own true nature.
May we be healed.
May we be a source of healing for others.
May we be at one w/ the breath of the Divine.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment