Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WARRIOR DASH 2012

Jess, ME, Nancy=WARRIOR WOMEN
Ahhh, another Warrior Dash under my belt!  Well, ok it was only my 2nd, but there is more where that came from.  I am signed up for WD2013 already!  WooooooHAAAA!  Nice thing to know that they also support St. Judes, so not only do I get the endorphin rush, but I am helping others while doing it, YAY!

So my results this year were  44 min 13 sec.  I do believe last yrs time was around 1hr 15 min or so.  I am SUPER proud of increasing my speed this year!!  WD2011 was pure evil.  I wasn't conditioned for it.  Aunt Flow came to visit at the start line.  It was hotter than Hades.  There was a TON of bottlenecking.  It was 4 in the afternoon.  Last year when I got stuck behind walkers I took the opportunity to walk rather than push forward.


FAST FORWARD to this year!  It was a cool morning.  My heat was at 8am.  Aunt Flo gave me a nice heads up.  The bottlenecking was minimal.  And I had nearly 8 months of CrossFit under my belt w/ a determination to show the rope from last year who's boss.  I DID NOT STOP.  If there were walkers I QUICKLY maneuvered around them, or politely shouted "ON YOUR LEFT!"  I considered this entire race one giant WOD.  Since I don't stop at WODs there was NO WAY I was going to stop 'til I was finished, and man let me tell you that rope from last yr... that was a cake walk-sucka!  When I neared the finish line there was one woman in the mud pit ahead of me.  In that moment I took every last drop of energy I had left determined to beat her.  I am not certain what came over me, as I am NOT competitive, and even typing it now gets me all fired up, but I did it.  I pulled my way through that mud, and finished before her!  The finish line announcer was telling the other chick, "Oh no here she comes from behind.  Watch out you are about to get beat.  Oh don't let her beat you.  And there she goes, a true MICHIGAN WARRIOR.  She left you in her dust... I mean MUD!"  Oh it felt so good to hear that... and not because I beat her, but because suddenly a switch had been flipped inside me.  My go switch has been ignited.  Watch out peeps, CAUSE here I come!  Oh and for the cherry on the top, after I traded in my chip for a beer I went and did a WOD put on by Plymouth CrossFit Thanks, Matt!  10 squats, 10 pushups, 5 box jumps=AMRAP 10 min.  Not gonna lie, I lost count! 



I am WARRIOR WOMAN!  HEAR ME ROAR!  Oh yeah, and next year watch out... cause I  WILL be faster.  This mama only improves w/ age!

**Special thanks to my fabulous photographer, Jessica Whipple!

No comments:

Post a Comment