Friday, August 3, 2012

Junk in the Trunk?

Gibson the Junk Food Guard Cat
Yup, there it is.  Junk food.  I don't even like it, but if it is there I WILL eat it!  Geesh.  Everyone ready for this public announcement?  Ready???  Huh?  I don't hear you...

.........I do really well w/ eating during the day and at work, but after working anywhere between 9-12 hrs in a day I am EXHAUSTED, and I will eat the first thing I cross paths w/.  For me this is a constant battle.  I do NOT like Oreos or Doritos, but when I am hungry and tired you are DARN right I will consume them.  And darn it all my family likes those things, so they are in the house whether I buy them or NOT.

So, part of our MHealthy Rewards here at work offers a Nutritional Consultant (you get $100 per yr for doing 2 things on the MHealthy Rewards list).   I just had a web meeting w/ my Consultant, Holly.  We went over my 3 day food log.  Holly told me it looked really good, despite what I thought wasn't(zucchini bread w/ carob chips or cereal for dinner), and that I shouldn't be so hard on myself.  I am all for moderate ground, and so we reviewed the goals I had set, and adjusted where needed.  Do you all recall the SMART Goals post?  Check them out and refresh your memory.

Here is my top goal.  I had three.

My short term goals Healthy Eating SMART goals are:
1.  I want to eat clean foods that will strongly support my body for the activities I enjoy. 

To be successful in reaching my goals, I need to do the following: 
1. Put doors on pantry.  (We have lived in this house at least 5 yrs.  The doors must go up, STAT)
2. Prepare healthy options; have them available for evening. (I was just prepping breakfast, lunch & snacks for myself & my 2 kids).
3. Package husbands & kids junk/snack foods in individual servings designated for them.  (Once the junk is designated for them I am ok ignoring it).

Well there it is.  My honest truth.  I hope that in sharing my struggles w/ you it helps you in your journey-whatever that maybe.  If you are interested in setting some goals for yourself use the  SMART Goals post, and get busy.  If you'd like to share them w/ me feel free.  Either leave them in the comments field, or send me a private email.

Shanti (peace)

No comments:

Post a Comment